International Law Experience
Mr. Fagan's international practice began in 1980 when as outside General Counsel for The Dee Howard Co. (DHC) based in San Antonio, he represented DHC in the negotiation of a technology joint venture and licensing agreement with a french aerospace company. Since that time, Mr. Fagan has represented US clients in their out-bound business and foreign clients in their in-bound business from and with over thirty countries on transactions that have had individual contract values from under US$100,000 to in excess of US$1 billion. Mr. Fagan has also remained active internationally through his academic interests, ADR practice, and professional and bar association leadership roles.
- Negotiated a joint venture agreement between a U.S. company and a French company for the development of a proprietary product.
- Negotiated an agreement whereby a French company granted a U.S. company a technology license.
- Negotiated an agreement for completion by a U.S. company of a Head of State Aircraft for King Fahd of Saudi Arabia
- Negotiated an agreement for completion by a U.S. company of a Head of State Aircraft for The Sultan of Oman
- Negotiated an agreement for completion by a U.S. company of a Head of State Aircraft for The Sultan of Brunei.
- Negotiated the purchase by an Italian Aerospace Company of a U.S. company.
- Negotiated an agreement for the completion by a U.S. company of a Head of State Aircraft for the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.)
- Negotiated technical cooperation and license agreements between a U.S. company and British Aerospace plc and Rolls-Royce plc (both of the United Kingdom).
- Negotiated a license agreement between a U.S. company and the government of Romania.
- Negotiated long term proprietory product supply agreements on behalf of a US company with British Aerospace (UK), Rolls Royce PLC (UK), Dassault (France),and CNIAR (Romania).
- The Dee Howard Co.(DHC) Outside General Counsel (1970 – 1987).
- DHC Senior Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel (1987 – 1989).
- DHC Member of the Board of Directors (1987 – 1988, 1991).
- Serve as settlement counsel, mediator, and arbitrator in international disputes both of a commercial nature and in death and personal injury cases arising out of accidents. Represent clients in international business transactions, including joint venture agreements, technology license agreements, foreign investment in the U.S., trademark and patent disputes, manufacturing and vendor/purchaser agreements, counter-trade and barter and other commercial transactions (outbound and inbound) in and from the Middle East, Western Europe (EU and NON-EU countries), Eastern Europe, the Pacific Rim, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America.